"The Adventurer Conqueror King System is Autarch's sweeping FRPG that lets you build and run your own fantasy kingdoms. In other Old School Revival FRPGs your character's path to greatness is abstract, even undefined. ACKS adds a new wing to the Old School with its epic-scale domain construction rules, which help you develop an entire setting in the sandbox spirit of the hobby's earliest campaigns -- and then give your high-level player characters the challenge of conquering and running it. And many ACKS systems adapt easily to any D20-based FRPG or B/X retroclone.
This bargain-priced offer brings you pretty much the entire Adventurer Conqueror King product line. We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity chosen by Autarch owner Alexander Macris, the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. "It's a charity near and dear to me," says Alex. "My wife, Amy, was the first bladedancer in the Auran Empire, but she is now so sick with mito disease she can no longer even play tabletop RPGs. Her illness has no cure and limited treatments; the UMDF is trying to change that for her and other sufferers."
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$95. Customers who pay just US$9.95 get all five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $40) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Adventurer Conqueror King System (retail price $10): The complete corebook with comprehensive, integrated support for play across all levels of a campaign. (Previously presented in the November 2013 Old School Revival offer.)
- ACKS Player's Companion (retail $10): Add 19 new ACKS character classes, and get under the hood to create your own classes.
- Domains at War: Campaigns (retail $7.50): Chart your heroes' rise to power with these rules for comprehensive military actions among kingdoms.
- The Sinister Stone of Sakkara (retail $10): This ideal introductory adventure highlights everything ACKS brings to your gaming table.
- Auran Empire Primer (retail $2.50): An introduction to the official ACKS campaign setting, a not-yet-fallen empire in late Antiquity ripe for conquest.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $18.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with seven more titles (retail value $55):
- Dwimmermount (ACKS version, retail $10): Autarch's colossal 400-page science-fantasy megadungeon and campaign setting. Includes the Dungeon Tracker (retail $10), Map Book (retail $7.50), and Illustration Book (retail $5). (We presented the Labyrinth Lord version of Dwimmermount in the November 2015 OSR +4. The supplements are new to this offer and work with both versions.)
- Domains at War: Battles and Troops and Terrain (retail $7.50 each): Conduct the landmark conflicts from your Campaigns actions as easily as you run character combats.
- Lairs & Encounters (retail $10): More than 165 ready-to-play monster lairs, plus rules for creating and advancing monsters fit to challenge a kingdom.
I'll be honest, this isn't one that really interests me, but it looks like you get a lot for your money. Whether it's stuff you want is another matter, and one that's up to individual tastes.