"If there's one thing the "old school" revival has taught us, it's that history is important to gamers. This collection explores our hobby's origins and high points.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Reading is Fundamental.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$75. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $35) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Designers & Dragons: The '70s (retail value $10): The first volume in Shannon Appelcline's newly expanded four-volume history of RPG publishers, covering Dungeons & Dragons, the turbulent history of TSR, and the first generation of RPGs. Foreword by Greg Stafford.
- Family Games: The 100 Best (retail $10): A hundred famed designers choose their favorite games: Blokus, Can't Stop, Gloom, Kill Dr. Lucky, Prince Valiant, and dozens more.
- 40 Years of Gen Con (retail $15): Robin D. Laws presents a photo-filled anecdotal reminiscence of the hobby's leading US convention.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more titles (retail value $40):
- Hobby Games: The 100 Best (retail $10): From Amber Diceless Roleplaying to Wiz-War, a hundred leading designers praise their favorites.
- Designers & Dragons: The '80s (retail $10): GURPS, West End, Palladium, Champions, and much more. Foreword by Cyberpunk designer Mike Pondsmith.
- Designers & Dragons: The '90s (retail $10): World of Darkness, Wizards of the Coast, Warhammer 40K, Atlas Games, and more. Foreword by Peter Adkison, founder of Wizards and owner of Gen Con.
- Designers & Dragons: The '00s (retail $10): D20, Pathfinder, the indies, and (yes) Evil Hat. Foreword by Paizo Publishing founder Lisa Stevens.