OVA and the fantastically inventive Tenra Bansho Zero, this collection presents treasures ranging from the recent Blade Bind and Kagegami High to the R. Talsorian Games classic Teenagers From Outer Space.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Reading is Fundamental.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer at launch is US$96. Customers who pay just US$8.95 get all five titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $47) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Blade Bind (PowerFrame Games, retail $8): Craig Judd's one-shot storygame of the Chosen and the super-weapons they control -- or vice versa.
- The Starlit Kingdom (Peach Pants Press, retail $10): Tragic stories of the war between Earth and Moon by Anna Kreider, designer of Thou Art But a Warrior.
- Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters (for Pathfinder) (Northwinter Press, retail $12): Gotta capture 'em all in this campaign supplement that brings the Monster Trainer to Pathfinder and D&D 3.x.
- Sparks (Twisted Die Productions, retail $7): Magical girls (and even boys) fight the forces of Darkness while trying to maintain good grades.
- Teenagers From Outer Space (R. Talsorian Games, retail $10): Mike Pondsmith's hijinks-filled tribute to the 1980s anime Urutsei Yatsura.
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $17.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more games worth an additional $49:
- Tenra Bansho Zero (Kotodama Heavy Industries, retail $14): Headlong hyperspeed mecha-magic-samurai-ninja-ghost-
Buddhist-Shinto action like nothing else in the world, ever. An entire campaign full of everything in six intense hours.
- OVA (Wise Turtle, retail $15): The new edition of Clay Gardner's fast-playing and versatile rules set, widely considered the go-to game for any anime style.
- The Ruined Empire (Peach Pants Press, retail $10): Anna Kreider returns with a saga of warring nations originally written for Tenra Bansho Zero.
- Kagegami High (Yaruki Zero Games, retail $10): More high-school hilarity a la Welcome to Night Vale by Ewen Cluney (Maid RPG, Golden Sky Stories).
At least one more will be added after launch. When a game is added after launch, ALL customers who previously purchased the bundle automatically receive the newly added game, REGARDLESS of whether or not they paid more than average. This is their reward for buying early."
The only one of these I'm familiar with is Teenagers From Outer Space, which I remember as a lot of fun. This is probably going to be most interesting to those who are seriously into this genre, which isn't me, but it looks like you get some good stuff and the pricing seems reasonable. But as usual I have to point out that I get freebies, so your mileage may vary.