Castle Oldskull is a system-neutral line of FRPG supplements published by designer and novelist Kent David Kelly. Kelly's voluminous ebooks use a nuts-and-bolts, idea- and table-oriented approach that exemplifies the do-it-yourself ideals of the Old School Revival. As inspiration he cites TSR-era stalwarts such as Gygax and Arneson, M.A.R. Barker, Bob Bledsaw, and Wormy illustrator David Trampier, as well as many fantasy authors familiar from Appendix N.
In the past few years Kelly has published dozens of large supplements, often adapting material from his own long-running campaigns. In particular, his three-book, 1,200-page Classic Dungeon Design Guide has proven popular for its thoroughly systematic process of megadungeon generation. This offer presents all three Dungeon Design Guides and nearly two dozen further supplements on many topics of sandbox campaign design -- over 6,300 pages for a bargain price.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to the charity designated by Castle Oldskull designer Kent David Kelly in memory of his mother, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$92. Customers who pay just US$7.95 get all eleven titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $45) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Three Classic Dungeon Design Guides: The bestselling manuals that, across nearly 1,200 pages, take you, with precise steps, through the entire process of creating a gigantic megadungeon, complete in every detail.
- Three Oldskull generators: The Adventure, Monster, and D100 NPC Generators: 1,100 pages of systems and tables that spawn an infinite variety of plots, characters, and adversaries.
- Four Oldskull dungeon books: Dungeon Delver Enhancer (a 572-page character creator), Book of Dungeon Traps (800 of them), and 1,000 Rooms of Chaos I and II (quick ideas for room concepts).
- The Pegana Mythos: Ornament your Old School game with the gods and heroes from The Gods of Pegana (1905) by Anglo-Irish fantasist Lord Dunsany. (And download the free Gods of Pegana ebook from Project Gutenberg.)
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $14.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with no less than fourteen more titles worth an additional $46:
- Game World Generator - Deluxe Edition (2018): Create your campaign world step-by-step with this expanded 434-page guide to setting design. Includes the Tyrrhenia Map Pack with 18 full-color hex maps of Tyrrhenia, a mythic version of medieval Italy.
- Four campaign guides: City State Encounters, 333 Realms of Entropy, Plague Doctors, and The Order of the Scarlet Tabard (a gallery of literal "redshirt" henchmen).
- Three dungeon design enhancers: Treasure Trove, The Deck of Strangest Things, and the Chaotic Descriptor Table.
- Five monstrous supplements: Monsters & Treasures Level 1, Dungeon Bestiary, Dungeon Encounters Book I, Dragons, and Half-Ogres.
I might as well be honest - I wouldn't touch this stuff with a 10ft pole. The old-school revival seems to throw out most of the evolution of RPGs over the past 40-odd years, and it really doesn't interest me at all. But if you're interested, there's a lot here and some of it might even be useful. Just not to me...