ffutures: (Default)
[personal profile] ffutures
Had an interesting time in Santander including my first visit to a lighthouse (not a good site for eclipse watching if you use public transport since the last bus back was before totality), the A&E of a hospital (pro tip - don't trip over granite sphere bollards in the dark and smash your face), and an eventual fun evening of eclipse watching at another site which was interrupted by cloud covering the sun about five minutes after the eclipse started - after that I stayed for a couple of hours of crowd watching, the fun moment when everything suddenly went dark, and a not so fun walk of about 3 KM to get the bus, since it turned out that the temporary bus route that got me there wasn't taking people back unless you went to the previous stop...

More when I've gone through the photos etc., might take a day or two since I have to sort out travel insurance etc.

Update - apparently the place I should have gone is Zaragoza in Aragon...

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap260813.html

Update - My photos from the eclipse are here, for what they're worth. If you can identify plants or anything please add to the notes on the photos.
 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150868539@N02/albums/72177720335123940/

Date: 2026-08-14 08:02 am (UTC)
dormouse1953: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dormouse1953
I managed to totally forget about the eclipse. I was doing a crossword when I noticed it was getting dark. I rushed upstairs for a better view and discovered the sun was behind trees and I couldn't see anything.

Date: 2026-08-15 05:35 pm (UTC)
jhall1: (Default)
From: [personal profile] jhall1
I hope your face is now OK.

Even without the eclipse, there are some very nice photos there.

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6 78 9101112
13 141516171819
20 21222324 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:00 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios