This offer launched Tuesday, February 12, and runs through 10PM Eastern US time (GMT -4) Monday, February 25. This promotional page expires at that time."This Bundle for Two 2 is our second Valentine collection of tabletop roleplaying games designed for just two players. Whereas the original February 2017 Bundle for Two included intimate duets ideal for a loving Valentine's Day experience with your significant other, these games feature serial killers, hack-and-slash dungeons, and Cthulhu. But hey, these could work for some relationships; there must be at least fifty shades of romantic roleplaying. And even if you have other Valentine plans, these games still work fine when you can't find an entire game group, or you want a game that works well with online virtual tabletops, or you're just looking for an intense head-to-head gaming experience.
We provide each ebook complete in .PDF (Portable Document Format). Like all Bundle of Holding titles, these books have NO DRM (Digital Restrictions Management), and our customers are entitled to move them freely among all their ereaders.
Ten percent of each purchase (after gateway fees) goes to this offer's designated charity, Human Rights Watch.
The total retail value of the titles in this offer is US$87. Customers who pay just US$5.95 get all three titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $29) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Reflections: A Game of Duelling Samurai by Jim McClure (Third Act Publishing, retail price $12): A longtime rivalry between feuding samurai culminates in a final, fatal confrontation.
- The Quiet Year by Avery Alder (Buried Without Ceremony, retail $8): A highly original map-drawing game from the designer of Monsterhearts about the struggles of a post-apocalyptic community. [Previously in our November 2013 Indie Cornucopia.]
- Dirty Secrets by Seth Ben-Ezra (Dark Omen Games, retail $9): An amazing story engine that effortlessly creates dark and twisting noir plots. [Previously in our June 2015 Deadly Games offer.]
Those who pay more than the threshold (average) price, which is set at $14.95 to start, also get our entire Bonus Collection with three more titles worth an additional $58:
- Cthulhu Confidential by Robin D. Laws, Chris Spivey, and Ruth Tillman (Pelgrane Press, retail $25): Mythos horror meets hard-boiled noir in this GUMSHOE One-2-One game for a Game Moderator and a lone detective.
- One on One Adventures Compendium (Expeditious Retreat, retail $18): Eleven Pathfinder fantasy adventures for a GM and one player.
- The Hour Between Dog and Wolf by Matt Gwinn (Errant Knight Games, retail $15): A flawed hero and a serial killer both confront their darkest impulses.
These don't really work terribly well for me - I tend to prefer games with several players, since a lot of the fun of roleplaying comes from player interaction, daft ideas, etc. - but I can see them possibly being useful if for some reason only one player makes it to a game session. It looks to be a pretty cheap offer, and probably worth it just to mine for ideas. Recommended, though as usual I have to stress that I'm not paying for this stuff, YMMV, etc. etc.