Reminder - Lunar Eclipse Friday!
Aug. 26th, 2026 11:02 amJust a reminder that there's a partial Lunar eclipse on Friday morning, visible in Britain from 2.23 AM to 6.51 AM
This is going to be very near the horizon for the more noticeable parts, and I suspect not very visible from London, but if it's a clear night I might stay up for it.
Details at the Greenwich observatory web site
https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/space-astronomy/partial-lunar-eclipse-on-28-august-2026-how-see-it
| Penumbral lunar eclipse begins | 2.23am |
| Partial lunar eclipse begins | 3.33am |
| Partial lunar eclipse maximum | 5.12am |
| End of visible eclipse (due to the Moon setting below the horizon) | Moonset is at 6.15am from London, but moonset timings vary for different locations |
This is going to be very near the horizon for the more noticeable parts, and I suspect not very visible from London, but if it's a clear night I might stay up for it.
Details at the Greenwich observatory web site
https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/space-astronomy/partial-lunar-eclipse-on-28-august-2026-how-see-it